No matter what age you are in, there are certain instances for a person to experience skin allergies and rashes. Allergies to the skin come in so many ways and in so many varieties. At some point, it is hard to identify the cause of the rashes since it may be due to food irritants, household chemicals, poor lifestyle, and even with clothing irritations.
Whatever the skin allergic reaction you are in, it may be skin itching, unidentified skin rash, and or a dry skin; there are still tips to follow to get rid of these allergies naturally. Here are some of the notable home remedies that you can do to help you deal with your allergic skin reactions.
- Try an oatmeal bath – It is one of the most natural ways to follow to treat skin allergies. It has been proven that an oatmeal bath has a good result in providing relief to skin rashes and allergies. Oatmeal is known to moisturize the skin. Further, it has the anti-inflammation component that helps relieve your skin from all sorts of allergic reaction. While oatmeal is one of the most favorite ready-to-eat foods in the kitchen, it is also good to know that this can also be a good home remedy for other problems like eczema and psoriasis. All you need to do is to add a single cup of oatmeal to slightly warm water to your tub and soak yourself for about an hour or two. See the results for yourself!
- Baking soda bath – While oatmeal bath is a known treatment for skin allergies, another home remedy to try on is the so-called baking soda bath. Baking soda, aside from an important baking ingredient, is also an ideal home remedy for skin allergic reactions. For skin conditions like itching and skin acne, baking soda is already a proven home treatment that you must try on.
- Moisturize your skin every day – One of the simplest ways to do in order to relieve yourself from skin allergies is to make moisturizing a definitely good habit. Addressing skin rashes is best done with skin moisturizers. There are mild skin moisturizer brands that you can try out on. Applying this to your skin is going to give your skin a positive result. Meanwhile, you can also visit and consult your dermatologist in order to be guided by the kind of skin moisturizer to purchase in stores.
- Treat rashes with apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is known to do wonders to a person’s skin. While it is commonly known to help a person to lose weight, this vinegar is also proven to treat skin allergies naturally. A teaspoon of this vinegar is the only solution you need to treat rashes and other skin allergic reaction to your body. It has an anti-fungal component that helps treat infections effectively.
- Try out some cool compress to your skin – While it is true that skin allergies cause skin to appear red and itchy, relieving these conditions can be best done with a cool compress. It is one of the effective tips to follow in order to ease the pain and itching especially for conditions like poison ivy.
- Aloe Vera – This is one of the natural remedies to use for skin allergies. It is known to have the anti-inflammatory component that is excellent for treating skin problems. Apart from healing your skin allergies, aloe vera is also known to soothe the skin as it also relieves itchiness and redness all at once.
What are the signs and symptoms of skin allergies?
While it is important to be knowledgeable about the different treatments to skin allergies, it is also a need for you to recognize the simple yet inevitable symptoms of this condition before getting worse. Oftentimes, skin allergies can be directly recognized through a change on the skin color and texture.
Allergies to the skin, which is commonly characterized by rashes, can be identified if a certain area of the body is being irritated and or swollen. At some point, skin rashes can occur in a person’s entire body. However, before it becomes widespread, knowing its signs and symptoms will help you prevent it from happening.
Here are some of the notable symptoms that you need to know about skin allergies.
- Discolored skin
- Ring-shaped appearance to the skin
- Thick and leathery skin
- Pus-filled swellings on the skin
- Discolored and red bumps
- Scaly skin
Knowing these symptoms will also help you identify the best treatment to use to get rid of this skin condition. Meanwhile, while it is best to follow home remedy to skin allergies, consulting a professional help like dermatologist is still one of the best things to do to address these different skin allergic reactions.
Understanding the causes of skin allergies
In general, skin allergies can happen to anyone. While most of you wonder how such skin condition happens, understanding the different causes of skin allergies really matter. One of the most common causes of skin allergic reaction happens when a certain substance irritates the skin. Direct skin contact may cause skin redness and irritation with some appearances of small bumps and blisters.
Here are some of the most common reasons for skin allergic reactions which may at the same time be the reason for skin rashes and irritation.
- Viral infection
- Fungal infection
- Bee stings
- Allergies to medication
- Prolonged exposure to sunlight
- Excessive skin friction
- Bug Bites
- Photo sensitivity
When it comes to skin problems, being exposed to viruses and fungi will put you at a high risk of skin allergies. Moreover, a personal history of skin problems which run in the family can somehow become the reason for one to get infected with this skin condition.
Now that you’re already aware of the causes, symptoms, and treatments to skin allergies, it’s now the right time for you to get rid of the skin itch and redness while at the same time, prevent future skin allergies to happen to you.
Love reading this article? Share it on your social media account by clicking the icons below.
bubbleox.com is a participant of several affiliate programs. The list includes (but not limited to) the following: ShareASale and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a mean for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. bubbloex.com does not intend to provide veterinary advice. All published articles are meant for informational purposes only and not substitute the professional veterinary consultation.