Constipation is a condition that is commonly characterized by a minimal bowel movement that happens to a certain person in a specific period of time. How to get rid of constipation? Oftentimes, it is caused by the kind of foods being eaten, a personal lifestyle choice, and as well with the medication that a person is taking in.
While constipation is really not a serious condition, some people still find it unpleasant especially when they start feeling discomfort and abdominal bloating. Some may also experience a bit of pain in the stomach especially when their stools are hard and dry which is really difficult to pass.
Despite not being a serious problem, constipation may affect a person’s quality of life. To ease your worries about this condition, there are many ways that will help you address this situation.
These natural treatments can be best done in the comfort of your home. Check this out!
Eat more fiber-rich foods
People who are constipated might have a less intake of fiber. Perhaps, the best thing to do is to increase your food intake that will enhance the consistency of your bowel movement. Studies have proven that fiber is a great solution for constipation. Dietary fiber is indeed a cure for a poor bowel movement and will also relieve the symptoms of future constipation to happen. Alternatively, take Psyllium Husk Capsules.
NOW Supplements, Psyllium Husk Caps 500 mg, Non-GMO Project Verified, Natural Soluble Fiber, Intestinal Health, 500 Veg Capsules
- INTESTINAL HEALTH/HELPS MAINTAIN REGULARITY: Psyllium has the ability to swell up to 50 times its initial volume when added to liquid. This bulking action can play an important role in maintaining regularity and gastrointestinal health.
- NATURAL SOLUBLE FIBER: Surveys have shown that the fiber content of the American diet is typically about half of government recommended levels. Now Psyllium Husk capsules can be a convenient way to increase the intake of dietary fiber.
- CERTIFICATIONS/CLASSIFICATIONS: Non-GMO project verified, kosher, vegan/vegetarian, soy free, made without gluten, corn free, keto friendly
- GMP Quality Assured: Now closely adheres to both mandatory U.S. FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP) regulations and voluntary Natural Products Association (NPA) Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) regulations. Good manufacturing practices ensure compliance with sanitation, processing, documentation, and testing requirements that are designed to promote consistent, highly reproducible product quality and safety.
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968
Drink plenty of water
Hydrating oneself with the right amount of water is another natural means to relieve your stomach from constipation. When you’re constipated, the only best relief that you can find at home is a glass of water in order to get things inside your stomach be moving again. As much as possible, avoid drinking too many carbonated drinks since it could make your constipation get worse.
Drink caffeinated coffee
While some people find coffee an unhealthy drink, constipated individuals may find it a really good answer to their bloated stomach. Studies have proven that coffee enhances one’s urge to go to the bathroom. It helps in stimulating the muscles in the digestive system; hence, enhancing your bowel movement is possible. Coffee is also known to contain soluble fiber that helps prevent future constipation to happen.
Take herbal laxatives
This is another natural relief to follow to address concerns about constipation. There is over-the-counter herbal laxative that would best work for you. It is proven to contain plant components that help stimulates the muscles of the gut; thus, speeding up your bowel movement is generally possible. However, it is still best to consult your doctor, as a laxative may not be best taken by pregnant and nursing mothers at times.
MiraLAX Laxative Powder for Gentle Constipation Relief, #1 Dr. Recommended Brand, 45 Dose Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Stimulant-Free, Softens Stool
- Original prescription strength: MiraLAX provides effective, predictable constipation relief
- Unblocks your system naturally: MiraLAX (PEG 3350) works with the water in your body to hydrate, soften, and ease stool through the colon
- No harsh side effects: Relieve constipation without causing cramping, bloating, sudden urgency, and gas. Health Concern: Constipation
- Mixes into anything: MiraLAX powder easily dissolves into any hot or cold beverage with no taste or grit. MiraLAX is gluten free, sugar free, and preservative free
- The 26.9 ounce bottle contains 45 doses
Increase your pro-biotics intake
One of the most popular treatments for constipation is the pro-biotics. It is a known natural treatment that is best for a person’s digestive health. While having to deal with chronic constipation, pro-biotics helps you balance the healthy bacteria inside your gut; hence, enhancing your bowel movement is possible. Adding pro-biotics to your daily diet won’t hurt you at all. Take it now and see the results for yourself.
Hyperbiotics PRO-15: Probiotics for Women, Probiotics for Men and Adults, Patented Delivery System, 15x More Survivability Than Capsules, Probiotic Supplement with Prebiotic, 60 Time Release Pearls
$26.49 in stock
- 15 Targeted Probiotic Strains: Our formula includes excellent probiotics such as Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium, and Streptococcus for women, men, and adults. With a proprietary delivery method, the probiotic organisms in this formula are released over an 8-10 hour period so they bypass your stomach acids and reach deep into your intestinal tract alive (where they are needed most) so you can experience the benefits that probiotics have to offer.*
- An Easy Regimen and Convenient: The suggested use is to take 1 small pearl shaped tablet per day. That's it! With a time-released delivery, the benefits of this probiotic nutritional supplement are being delivered deep inside your gut hour-by-hour. There is also 0 refrigeration necessary. With the proprietary LiveBac manufacturing process, we offer a guaranteed, extended shelf life.*
- Formulated For Your Needs: Did you know that 80% of your immune system is in your gut? Hyperbiotics PRO-15 probiotics helps replenish beneficial bacteria and may support digestive and immune health. This probiotic also includes naturally derived prebiotics. These prebiotic supplements are included in each pearl to help feed the probiotics for increased potency. Prebiotics are to probiotics what fertilizer is to a garden*
- Tested For Safety and Potency:* This formula is vegan, non-GMO, and gluten-free. It is free from yeast, soy, sugar, nuts, artificial flavors and colors, and preservatives. Our ingredients are carefully selected and follow good manufacturing (GMP) practices for optimal purity and safety.*
- Manufactured in the USA with Domestic and Global Ingredients: At Hyperbiotics, we leverage the latest research to develop premium probiotic supplements. Our products are manufactured in Washington and Colorado in facilities that are GMP-certified through NSF. We adhere to the strictest quality control and FDA guidelines and perform rigorous testing on every lot to ensure they are survivable and as the label states.*
Take prune juices
One of the natural remedies for constipation are the prunes. It is known fact that prunes contain a natural laxative component that enhances a person’s bowel movement. Further, studies have proven that apart from fiber, prunes and prune juices are way more effective in treating constipation.
Sunsweet Prune Juice, 6pk, 5.5 oz
- 6 pk Prune Juice
Reserve enough time for a bowel movement
It is also important to spend a specific period of time for your bowel movement. By doing so, your gut will be getting used to it especially when you’ll be doing it daily. You can spend around 30 to 45 minutes of your time after breakfast and make it part of your new habit.
What Makes a Person Constipated?
While it is important to understand the cure for constipation, it is also essential to know the reasons behind such digestive condition. When you start feeling that your bowel movement happens less than the usual, then most probably, a bloating stomach is on its way.
Oftentimes, constipation happens when there is a change to a person’s usual food intake and activities. Further, the right amount of fluid in a person’s body is also a great factor that affects his or her gut health.
While most people find dairy products a certainly good food to eat, these foods are definitely among the reasons why people become constipated. Other than the food intake, stress is another contributing factor to a poor digestive health. When a person is unable to manage stress well, most likely, his or her digestive tract is also affected.
At some point, certain medications may also affect a person’s digestive health that may lead to constipation. When a person is taking drugs such as painkillers, anti-depressants, and antacid medicines, then most probably, a person may be constipated in the long run.
When left untreated, constipation may affect a person’s daily routine, although, it is not usually as serious as others may think.
Is there a Need to Consult a doctor?
While constipation is believed to be not a really serious problem, at some point, consulting a doctor is still necessary especially if natural treatments are not working for you. Most of the time, a professional help is suggested when a person already noticed some blood on its stool.
When a person is already experiencing severe pain with bowel movements, and or, when constipation has lasted for more than two weeks, a doctor’s prescription is already needed. With regard to the doctor’s consultation, oftentimes, a blood test must be undertaken in order to check a person’s hormone levels.
Some tests may also include checking the muscles of the person’s anus and a test that will also check a person’s colon. While it is believed that constipation is preventable, it really takes a lot of effort to dig deep into the so-called “lifestyle change.”
Eating a well-balanced meal, exercising regularly, cutting back dairy product intakes, and going to the bathroom when the urge happens is certainly the simplest yet most effective changes you must consider to enhance your digestive health and relieve yourself from constipation.
Love reading this article? Share it on your social media account by clicking the icons below.
bubbleox.com is a participant of several affiliate programs. The list includes (but not limited to) the following: ShareASale and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a mean for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. bubbloex.com does not intend to provide veterinary advice. All published articles are meant for informational purposes only and not substitute the professional veterinary consultation.