One of the essential parts of our body is our eyes. However, most often than not, our eyes are easily irritated with certain conditions like sore eyes. Without you having to guess its main cause, there are common risk factors which make our eyes irritated and sore.
This condition will make your eyes appear red and itchy at the same time. A person may also feel some sorts of discomfort and burning sensation. There are also instances when a person finds it difficult to open his or her eyes after sleeping.
Sore eyes come in many forms and perhaps, it is important to understand and learn about its home remedies right away. The severity of the symptoms may also vary from one person to another. Further, trying out these tips to treat your red and itchy eye must be taken into consideration.
Here are some of the most effective treatments that you will give your sore eyes an instant and effective relief!
1. Apply Cold Compress – The use of ice packs or ice cubes is one of the most effective home remedies that you can make use of to treat your sore eyes. All you need is an ice pack, wrap it in a clean towel, and place it on your eyelids. Following this home remedy will give your eyes instant relief from swelling and itching quickly. You can also repeat doing the procedure as many times possible to see better results.
2. Apply some Tea Bags – Teas are also among the most suggested natural treatments for sore eyes. Studies have shown that tea contains bioflavonoids which are an agent to fight against bacteria and other infections. Whenever your eyes are being irritated, you can simply place a tea bag on your eyes and leave it for several minutes to decrease swelling and inflammation.
3. Make Use of Cucumber Slices – Cucumber is known to heal sore eyes naturally. Whenever you find swelling and irritation in your eyes, you can simply slice the cucumber, soak the slices into ice-cold water and place the sliced cucumber to your closed eyelids. Leave it for a couple of minutes and see the results for yourself.
4. Apply Some Aloe Vera Gel – Aloe Vera is known to contain healing properties that are best use for sore eyes. It will give an instant and extremely relaxing effect your eyes immediately after application. Further, it is also rich in antimicrobial properties which treat soreness and swelling quickly.
5. Splash your Eyes with Cold Water – When ice cubes don’t work best for your eyes, you can simply splash your eyes with cold water as it helps lessen the swelling and inflammation.
6. Make use of Castor Oil – This is another home remedy that you can use to cure sore eyes. It is known that this oil gives the best results when applied to irritated eyes. You can simply make use of a dropper and apply about 2-3 drops to your itchy eyes. As much as possible, repeat the procedure as many times possible in order to see the best result.
7. Use Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is known to fight infection. Thus, making use of it for your sore eyes is definitely one of the home remedies to consider. You can mix the vinegar into clean water, soak a cotton ball into the mixture, and apply the mixture to your eyes. It is proven to give instant relief to itching, redness, and inflammation.
8. Use water with salt – This is another effective home remedy to use for your sore eyes treatment. It is one of the most convenient treatment since you can easily find salt at home. Mixing water and salt would create the best solution to fight against bacterial infection to the eyes. In addition, salt is also known to contain an antibacterial agent that helps relieve your eyes from irritation.
9. Make use of Chamomile – It is also another effective natural treatment that has been widely used for several years. Chamomile has been proven to treat several health conditions, and sore eyes are one of them. You can simply create homemade eyewash with this herb, apply it directly to your eyes, and see the results after multiple applications.
10. Place A Cold Spoon to your Eyelid – One of the simplest and most effective home remedies for sore eyes is through the use of cold spoons. This procedure is known to give instant relief to itching, swelling, and pain. You only need to make use of steel spoons as a cooling compress to your eyelids. You can apply this remedy until your irritation and swelling subside.
11. Drink Vegetable Juice – This is one of the simplest yet most effective remedies that you can treat your sore eyes. You can simply extract vegetable juices from carrots and parsley, drink the juices as many times possible, and enjoy its quick relief within a day. These juices are known to contain helpful components that lessen eye irritation, inflammation, and redness.
12. Soak Cotton Balls in Rose Water – You can also use this remedy to reduce inflammation and discomfort to your eyes. It is one of the most popular home remedies that give instant relief in just a couple of minutes. Simply soak the cotton balls in the rose water and apply it directly to your eyes.
13. Drink Plenty of Water – Loading up your water intake is also an effective thing to do in treating sore eyes. Whenever suffering from such condition, a person may experience a blurry vision. In order to treat your eye problem, you have to rehydrate your body by taking lots of fluids within a day.
14. Make use of Warm Honey – Honey is one of the natural home remedies which is proven to contain antibacterial properties. You can simply create a solution of water and honey and make use of it as your eyewash. It is known to give a soothing effect to your irritating eyes quickly.
15. Apply Cold Bread – While it is one of the best foods to find in your kitchen, cold bread is also known to reduce inflammation, itchiness, and irritation caused by sore eyes. Simply place the cold bread to your eyelids and see the result after several minutes.
Love reading this article? Share it on your social media account by clicking the icons below.
bubbleox.com is a participant of several affiliate programs. The list includes (but not limited to) the following: ShareASale and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a mean for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. bubbloex.com does not intend to provide veterinary advice. All published articles are meant for informational purposes only and not substitute the professional veterinary consultation.