Scabies is among the many skin conditions that are characterized by redness in the skin. This skin disease is caused by a certain parasite called the pesky mite. Most of the time, the parasites will burrow into the skin which will then cause the skin itching and inflammation. When a person has scabies, he or she will definitely feel a total discomfort.
The rashes and blisters that are found on the skin are known to be highly contagious. Thus, necessary precautions and immediate treatments are important to prevent others from being affected by the disease. It is believed that scabies won’t just go away without the proper treatment since the parasites’ eggs will hatch and will eventually get into the skin surface.
Given the harm brought by scabies, it is good to know that there are certain remedies to follow without having the need to visit a doctor. These natural remedies are as follows. Check this out!
1. Apply Tea Tree Oil
It is one of the most effective essential oils that have been proven to treat several diseases. When it comes to the problem with scabies, tea tree oil is known to be an effective cure for skin rashes and blisters. A few drops of this oil to your affected skin can already do wonders for your recovery. Several studies have found out that the use of tea tree oil gives surprising effects to a person with such skin disease. This item is known for its antibacterial and acaricidal effects that are known to kill the tiny parasites permanently.
Healing Solutions Tea Tree Essential Oil - 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Tea Tree Oil - 10ml
$5.99 in stock
- Highest Quality Pure & Natural Tea Tree Essential Oil - Our Tea Tree Oil is 100% pure, undiluted, all-natural, and therapeutic grade. Every drop of this Tea Tree essential oil is steam-extracted right from the source without any additives or harmful chemicals.
- Bottled in a 10ml Glass Bottle with Built-In Eyedropper - All of our essential oils are bottled in an amber glass bottle right here in the USA. It also has a built in Euro style eyedropper for easy pouring and application.
- Essential Oils are Used for a Variety of Uses & Applications - Simply add a few drops to your essential oil diffuser or humidifier for a wonderful aromatherapy experience. For other uses other than aromatherapy we recommend always diluting with a carrier oil.
- Healing Solutions Only Offers the Highest Quality Essential Oils Available - Healing Solutions is an American based company that scours the globe to find the finest, freshest essential oils available. If at any point you're unhappy with one of our products, please contact us and we'd be happy to make things right!
2. An Aloe Vera Gel
This is another topical treatment that is known for its awesome effects to a person with scabies. Aloe Vera is always known for its soothing effect on the skin once applied. Given its healing benefits, this item is not also good for skin rashes but as well as to sunburned skin.
Another good thing about this product is the fact that it is all natural; and hence, proven safe from side effects. All you need to do is to apply it directly to your affected skin. You can repeat the procedure until you can see your desired results.
Calily Life Organic 99% Aloe Vera Gel for Skin, Apply to Face, Hands & Body, 16.9 Fl Oz. – Powerful Moisturizing, Soothing, Antioxidant & Antibacterial - Great for Dry Skin, Acne, Eczema, Rashes, etc.
- CALMING & PURE – Contains 99% pure aloe vera gel extracted from fresh organically grown aloe vera plants. Enjoy the benefits of fresh and pure aloe vera gel. Helps calm red, swollen, and irritated skin. Great for Acne, Eczema, Rashes, Allergies, Dry Skin, etc.
- SOOTHING & REFRESHING – The Calily Life Aloe Vera Gel is an ultra-soothing organic solution for cuts, sunburns, scrapes, insect bites, abrasions, chaffed and dry skin, and much more. Keep refrigerated and apply chilled for an amazingly refreshing and soothing sensation.
- FADES SCARS & STRENGTHENS – Aloe Vera Gel is often referred to as the miracle gel; being naturally rich in antioxidants and enzymes. The antioxidants of beta carotene, vitamin C and E found in aloe vera gel may also help with the treatment of mild acne and with the healing of acne-related scarring. Regularly applying aloe vera gel to face and body is known to help promote a clearer and smoother complexion.
- DEEP NOURISHING & MOISTURIZING - Loaded with nutrients such as Vitamins A, C, E, B12 Folic Acid and much more. Deeply nourishes and moisturizes; encouraging a smoother, more lifted and toned appearance. The abundance of moisturizing properties found in aloe vera gel may also help minimize and prevent the occurrence of wrinkles, fine lines and overall aging. Transforms skin into being amazingly soft and supple!
- PROTECTS - Aloe Vera Gel forms a protective barrier which helps retain moisture and promotes healing. Gently moisturizes and protects the skin without clogging pores. Works wonders on all skin types and ages. Fast absorption; dries clear without leaving any residue.
3. Make Use of Neem Oil
This is another natural remedy for scabies and is one of the most popular herbs in the ancient times. This oil is widely known for its ability to treat diseases caused by parasites and bacteria.
Further, there are several studies which have proven that neem oil has an anti-inflammatory effect that is best for treating scabies. Just like other natural oils, you only need to apply neem oil to your affected skin in order to treat the rashes, blisters and inflammation caused by the parasites.
Neem Oil 12 oz by Oleavine TheraTree
- Cosmetic Grade for Skincare and Hair Care.
4. Make Use of Sulphur
Another home remedy that is best used for scabies is the sulphur. Being widely known in the ancient times, sulphur is an ideal treatment that fights against skin infections and rashes. It is also known that this item is safe to be used for all skin types and clinical studies have proven that sulphur is capable of treating scabies after several days of application.
Hylands Homeopathic Sulphur 30X - 250 Tablets
- RELIEF OF RASHES AND ECZEMA SYMPTOMS: Temporarily relieves rashes and eczema
- EASY TO TAKE HOMEOPATHIC MEDICINE: Quick-dissolving tablets that melt in your mouth almost instantly
- 250 TABLETS = UP TO 125 DOSES: of Sulphur 30X
- NATURAL RASHES AND ECZEMA SYMPTOM RELIEF MEDICINE: Contains no aspirin, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, sugar, artificial flavors, dyes or parabens
5. Cayenne Pepper
Apart from treating rashes and skin blisters, this cayenne pepper is also a good treatment to reduce the pain you feel due to scabies. Skin experts have been recommending the use of this natural treatment in order to end your discomfort from pain brought by inflammation. You can apply this pepper directly to the affected area for several weeks and see the results for yourself.
Ground Cayenne Red Pepper Powder- Chefs Quality, 1 LB (16Oz)
$10.98 in stock
|Is Adult Product|
|Size||1 Pound (Pack of 1)|
6. Apply Clove Oil
If you are looking for a natural treatment that is both an antibacterial and antimicrobial, then you can never go wrong with a clove oil. It is known that this oil has an antioxidant property that is best for healing skin diseases caused by tiny mites. Just apply clove oil to your skin with rashes and blisters and see the results after multiple applications.
Pure Essential Oil Works Clove Oil, 100% Pure, Natural, Paraben-Free & Therapeutic Grade With euro-Style Dropper.33 Oz
- 100% pure, natural, paraben-free and therapeutic grade
- Essential Oil is steam distilled and features a euro-style dropper
- Can be used with any aromatherapy diffuser, heated over a candle Flame, diluted with a carrier oil to use for Massage or burned as incense
- Benefits: warming, soothing and comforting
- Aroma: warm and spicy
7. Soak the Affected Are in a Cool Water
While natural treatments are known to cure scabies, water is still one of the simplest and safest methods that you can use for this condition. You only need to soak your skin in cold water in order to soothe your skin from pain and itching. After soaking your skin into the water, pat dry your skin and you can opt to apply another skin treatment for scabies.
8. Use Turmeric
Turmeric is another natural treatment that is known to create wonders for scabies. This item is known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that will relieve your skin from itching and swelling. Meanwhile, you can also mix turmeric powder into a lemon juice in order to create a thick paste as a treatment. Apply the paste to your skin and leave it for a couple of minutes. You can do the application once to twice in a week in order to see the best result
Organic Turmeric Root Powder w/ Curcumin | Lab Tested for Purity | 100% Raw from India | 8oz/226g Resealable Kraft Bag | by FGO
- ORGANIC TURMERIC POWDER (CURCUMA LONGA) - 8oz Resealable Bag
- IMPORTED FROM INDIA - This bag contains certified organic, turmeric powder harvested from turmeric plants in India.
- HEALTHY & DELICIOUS - Add some spice to your day with our organic turmeric root powder. This easily recognizable, vibrant yellow-orange powder has long been a staple in South Asian and Middle Eastern cuisines. Commonly used for curries, the root vegetable is also great in soups and stews, or sprinkled over some scrambled eggs.
- CERTIFIED USDA ORGANIC & NON-GMO - All our products are certified USDA Organic and certified Non-GMO. Look for the USDA Organic and Non-GMO Project seals on our products!
- LOVE IT OR WE BUY IT - We don’t think you should pay for products that you don’t love. If you aren’t enjoying our products, simply let us know and we will refund your order - it’s as easy as that!
9. Use Sandalwood
It is one of the popular natural woods that are known for its healing properties when it comes to skin problems. Scabies is simply just one of the many skin diseases that are best cured by this aromatic wood. It has been proven that sandalwood has an antimicrobial agent which potential help treat scabies in no time. This will help relieve your skin from swelling, redness, and itching.
Australian Sandalwood Essential Oil (Huge 2oz Bottle) Bulk Australian Sandalwood Oil - 2 Ounce
$8.99 in stock
- Bulk 2oz Bottle of Australian Sandalwood Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Australian Sandalwood essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Australian Sandalwood oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Australian Sandalwood products.
- Sun Essentials Offers Australian Sandalwood Oil in a Variety of Sizes - Get Australian Sandalwood essential oil in 4 ounce, 8 ounce, and 16 ounce amber bottles. We also have a huge variety of scents and blends.
10. Clean Up Your Room
Given the healing effects brought by certain natural treatments, you can also prevent scabies to happen in the future by simply cleaning your room. It is believed that these parasites are hiding within your bed sheets, towels, and blankets at home. Therefore, make sure to change your garments at home from time to time. Meanwhile, those other garments which are not used are advised to be placed in a plastic bag and should be sealed to avoid parasites from coming in.
These are among the notable ways you can follow in order to get rid of scabies from your skin. Make sure to make use of the treatment that works best for you!
Love reading this article? Share it on your social media account by clicking the icons below.
bubbleox.com is a participant of several affiliate programs. The list includes (but not limited to) the following: ShareASale and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a mean for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. bubbloex.com does not intend to provide veterinary advice. All published articles are meant for informational purposes only and not substitute the professional veterinary consultation.