The scorching heat of summer is finally here! Most of the time, due to extreme heat, people are being affected by a heat stroke. When you are mostly in the outdoor, there is a great tendency for the heat to suck your entire energy, which, as a result will make you feel weak and tired.
Heat stroke commonly happens due to extreme dehydration of one’s body and which may easily progress to a certain illness when not treated properly. If your body suffers from a heat stroke, make sure to know about the natural and quick treatments to give your body an instant relief.
While it is commonly called as a sunstroke, you have to know that this condition is very common this summer. Perhaps, apart from learning its remedies, it is also best to understand its causes and symptoms of heat stroke and preventions for you to choose the right remedy immediately.
Here are some of the notable treatments which help you address heat stroke naturally!
1. Give yourself a cold bath – In order to freshen up your body, this is one of the simplest tips that you can follow to relieve yourself from a heat stroke. All you need to do is to prepare your bathtub and pour some cold water to it. You can soak your entire body for about 20 to 30 minutes in order to lower your body’s temperature. Preferably, this method is one of the first-aid treatments that you can do before bringing your patient to the nearest hospital. Cold water is known to alleviate heat stroke very quickly.
2. Make use of evaporation cooling method – This is another natural treatment that has been suggested by most of the healthcare professionals. Making use of an evaporation method also helps to lower the body’s temperature. This cooling method allows water to evaporate quickly; and hence, will make your skin feel cool quickly!
3. Wrap yourself in the cooling blanket – This is another quick and natural method to address heat stroke naturally. You can make use of some ice packs, place it inside the blanket, and wrap your entire body with the cooling blanket. This allows you to lower down your body’s temperature effectively. You can also make use of some ice packs, wrap it with a cloth, and place it on your neck, armpits and your back for best results.
4. Take a cool shower – If you are mostly in the outdoors, you can alleviate the heat inside your body by taking a cold shower. You can also opt to soak your body in the cold spring or stream and have body cool down its temperature naturally.
5. Avoid drinking sugary beverages – Most of the time heat stroke happens due to dehydration. Therefore, in order to keep your body hydrated, make sure to avoid drinking sugary and sweetened drinks. Taking these drinks not only increases your risk of getting Diabetes, it may also interfere with your body’s ability to lower its temperature. On the other hand, sweetened drinks are also known to cause stomach cramps.
6. Cool off with a fan – If you are experiencing some heat-related symptoms, you can lower down your temperature by having a direct air from your fan. By doing so, you’ll be able to relieve your body from intense heat caused by the outdoor temperature.
7. Rehydrate your body – It is also advised for a person with heat stroke to take more fluids, most especially water, as much as possible. A person may lose much salt when sweating, and the best thing to replenish it is through drinking more and more water.
8. Drink onion juice – One of the best natural treatments for heat stroke is drinking an onion juice. It has been known that onion can create wonders in one’s body and has an effective therapeutic effect that helps lower body temperature.
9. Tamarind juice – This is another natural cure for heat stroke and it is known to contain more vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes that are needed by the body. You can simply soak some tamarind in boiling water, let it cool, and drink it while resting your body. Apart from treating heat stroke, tamarind juice is also known to cure stomach disorders at the same time.
10. Drink buttermilk and coconut water – These drinks are known to be effective treatments for heat stroke. It contains probiotics which help replenish the vitamins and minerals that are essential to the body. On the other hand, coconut water also helps rehydrate the body naturally.
How to Prevent Heat Stroke Effectively?
Whenever planning to go outdoors, there are certain prevention tips that you must follow in order to avoid heat stroke from happening in the future. Here are some of the tips to prevent heatstroke naturally.
1. Wear lightweight clothes – When you have certain activities under the sun, make sure to wear comfortable and light clothes. It is also advised to choose light-colored, loose-fitting clothes that will allow your body to be comfortable. This is one of the simplest methods to prevent heat stroke from happening.
2. Eat hydrating foods – In order to avoid dehydration, keep yourself hydrated by eating hydrating foods. You can eat fruits and vegetables with high water content and which also has electrolytes. Some of the best foods to eat are watermelon, oranges, pineapple, and berries.
3. Avoid direct sunlight exposure – In order to avoid heat-related problems such as getting sunburns to happen, make sure to keep yourself away from direct sunlight exposure. It is also advised to limit your outdoor activities, especially during summer. Whenever you are in an open space, make sure to carry an umbrella for your sun protection.
4. Stay in a cool room – Make sure to keep your body cool during times when the temperature is extremely hot. You can make use of a fan or stay in an air-conditioned room as much as possible. By doing so, you are giving your body the best relief from the extreme heat, and thus, preventing heat stroke to happen to you.
These are some of the best preventions that you can follow in order to avoid heat stroke to happen in the future!
Love reading this article? Share it on your social media account by clicking the icons below.